Take on an Action Challenge in 2013 March 8, 2013
There are three events to choose from, each offering you the opportunity to walk, jog or run 100km in amazing scenery to raise money for Architecture Sans Frontieres-UK (ASF-UK).
The key info for all challenges:
– Walk it! – 50KM or 100KM at a pace that suits you
– Run it! – 100KM ‘Ultra-Marathon’ or 50KM ‘Marathon Plus’
– Join as an Individual – and we’ll support you all the way!
– Join as a Team – support each other to the finish line!
– Fully supported with rest stops every 12.5KM
– Hot food stops provided en-route
– Pace walkers/runners, medics, physios, masseuses
– £60 (50KM) / £85 (100KM) to sign up + fundraising pledge for ASF-UK £275 (50km) and £400 (100km)
– Participant Area with training and advice resources
– Training walks to help you prepare and meet the Action Challenge team.
London 2 Brighton
Sat 25th – Sun 26th May 2013
The London 2 Brighton Challenge is a tough and rewarding challenge. To walk, jog, or run the 100km from city to coast – across varied terrain, day and night – is a challenge like no other taking place over the bank holiday weekend of 25 – 26 May 2013. Some will attempt the challenge as an ultra marathon style run with an eye on the clock, many will take on the longest walk of their lives, and others will mix it up with a bit of jogging and waking.
Thames Path Challenge
Sat 14th – Sun 15th September 2013
Starting close to Putney Bridge the Thames Path Challenge is an epic endurance walk or ultra-marathon run against the clock following the unique Thames Path National Trail; beautiful scenery, steeped in history, one exceptional challenge.
Take on the ultimate Thames Path Challenge
100km – Putney to Henley, a tough endurance walk within 24 hours or ultra-marathon run in under 15hrs.
50km – a daytime walk Putney to Runnymede or Runnymede to Henley. Or an overnight walk from Runnymede to Henley. With ‘Marathon Plus’ runs available for both sections in under 7hrs.
Trans Pennine Challenge*
Sat 22nd – Sunday 23rd June
(*FOR THE TRANS PENNINE CHALLENGE, REGISTER BEFORE 31st MARCH AND GET 50% OFF REGISTRATION FEES)
Set in the magnificent backdrop of the Peak District, it will be a journey that you’ll never forget. Whether you walk it or run it, tackle 100KM or 50KM – you could be one of 1500 making a difference! Testing stamina, fitness and endurance, this challenge is fully inclusive and you will be supported all the way.
Attempt the ultimate 100km route to Sheffield, a tough endurance walk within 24 hours or an Ultra Marathon run in under 15hrs. Or take on the 50KM ‘Marathon Plus’ distance from Manchester to Penistone, as either a walk or run!0