ASF-UK Remote Office Administrator
Reports to: Management Committee and Trustees
Part-time: Normally 1 day/week (7.5 hours pw), depending on workload
Contract: Home based, ongoing freelance, (1 year min)
Payment: £12 per hour
Probationary period: 4 months
Termination: 4 weeks
Starting date: As soon as possible
Architecture Sans Frontières –UK (ASF-UK) wishes to appoint a part-time Administrator to provide comprehensive administrative support to the organisation. In consultation and in close collaboration with the Management Committee, the post-holder will assist with the day-to-day financial management of ASF, as well as undertake general administrative tasks related to specific programmes and activities.
ASF-UK is a volunteer-led nonprofit design organization that aims to build the capacity of urban practitioners and communities to work together to create more equitable cities. Our main areas of focus are Advocacy, Learning and Capacity Building and Socio technical Support. Current projects include community action planning in Freetown, socio technical support to housing groups in London and research into inclusive design education. More information can be found on our website
This is an opportunity for a dynamic individual who is flexible and can work independently to support our volunteer management team and trustees. Candidates should be UK based, have good knowledge and experience of financial record keeping and governance for small charities, experience in using google drive, google calendar, and social media, experience supporting events and organising meetings. Initially this will be 1 day per week.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and cover letter by 13 August 2021 to [email protected] with a subject title 'Administrator'.
DUTIES TYPICAL OF THE ROLE
Assist the organisation’s Finance & Fundraising Coordinator in the overall financial management of the organisation:
● Generally liaise with Finance Coordinator, Trustees and accountants to ensure clear and efficient administration of the organisation.
● Responsible for checking bank account, compiling cash book and cash flow.
● Maintain all financial records (digital and physical file).
● Produce internal invoices and process payments in and out.
● Process and pay expenses reimbursements for associates.
● Responsible for workshops and seminars expenses payments and filing paper trail.
● Coordinate the compilation of the Statutory Annual Review of Accounts, liaising with accountants
● File the Statutory Annual Review of Accounts with Companies House and Charities Commission.
● Coordinate the compilation of ASF-UK’s annual review for general communications purposes.
● Reconcile membership/event payments made via Stripe and GoCardless
● Assist the Challenging Practice team in the administration of the programme, with particular reference to the organisation of Stage A seminars, including liaising with potential seminar facilitators and participants and booking venues.
● Assist the Change by Design, Resilience by Design and Inclusion by Design teams as required with promotion of activities, finalising contracts, invoices for participants, checking payments, sending receipts and other tasks to be agreed on a project-by-project basis.
● Assist the Management Committee in the organisation and follow-up of the Annual General Meeting, including liaising with Members, Associates, and Trustees to ensure the smooth running of the event.
● Arrange and attend 6-weekly Trustee meeting (usually held on a Tuesday evening) and take minutes.
● Manage new and existing members, including welcome emails and membership renewal.
● Assist with the general maintenance of ASF-UK’s websites, blogs, and social media; ensure up to date information on the website.
● Manage [email protected] email account; distribute correspondence as relevant.
● Organise Evening Sessions in collaboration with Communications & Knowledge Exchange Coordinator, including liaising with relevant Associates and advertising.
● Prepare and send newsletters via WhiteFuse system.
● Point of contact among MC, Trustees and associates.
● Deal with general enquiries when possible, or addressing them to the correct team.
● Responsible for filing documents, organising Drive, dealing with technical issues when required.
● Responsible for control and payment of overheads - such as office, website
● Responsible for looking after digital services that the organisation uses.
● Organising team meetings, preparing any documents necessary, taking minutes, updating calendar with key events.